Friends of the Pound
Online Adoption Centre
Please feel free to view our cats, kittens, dogs and pups who are now available for adoption.
Congratulations on deciding to adopt a pet!
Once you have made your selection and completed the application form below, we will contact you regarding next steps.
Please be aware:
- Animals will not be adopted to persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or persons under the age of 18 years
- We are committed to reducing pet overpopulation, therefore we desex all pets BEFORE they go home
- The Friends of the Pound reserves the right to refuse sale
- If you are seeking a gift for someone else, we recommend that you return with the gift recipient to choose their new best friend.
Note ! Before you can adopt you will need to:
- Fill out the online form below (ensure all fields are filled in, otherwise the form will not submit);
- Provide current acceptable photographic identification (you must be 18 years+ to adopt)
– If you are RENTING – telephone contact details for your landlord/rental agency, a copy of your tenancy agreement, or an email/letter from the landlord, as proof that pets are allowed to be kept on the premises may be requested.
– If you own a TOWNHOUSE/APARTMENT – telephone contact details for your body corporate, or an email/letter from the body corporate, or a copy of your complex’s body corporate documentation, as proof that pets are allowed on the premises may be requested.
– If you own your HOME – a copy of your current rates notice.