Desexing Voucher Application and Purchase Form
As part of our commitment to our community to assist in reducing the unwanted number of dog and cat litters in the Tweed Shire, Friends of the Pound (Tweed) Inc. offer a subsidised desexing program to residents.
To qualify for this program, applicants must:
- Be a holder of a Centrelink Pension Card; OR
- Earn an income of $50,000 gross or less per annum; AND
- Be a resident in the Tweed Shire.
Qualification Terms and Conditions
1. In order to qualify for our low cost desexing program, you need to provide valid proof of income or a current Centrelink Pension card number:
a) In the latter case, you may be asked to present your Pension Card at your vet appointment where your ownership of the pet may be checked.
b) Valid proof of income for wage earners under the $50,000 threshold include your last tax assessment notice (not a tax declaration form) or a payslip, matching the name of the pet owner. We do not accept Family Tax Benefit statements as proof of income.
c) If you are not a resident of Tweed Shire you do not qualify for this program. Please do not complete the form.
2. Since our desexing program is only available to Tweed Shire residents, you are required to show proof of residence. Valid proof of residence is a driver’s license, rates notice or electricity account showing your name and address.
3. If your pet is obese, pregnant or lactating this information must be disclosed below. You must wait for a Friends of the Pound staff member to contact you as we need to make the booking with your chosen vet. If your pet is on heat, please contact our team to rebook the procedure, otherwise there may be an additional fee that you are required to pay at the vet.