Who we are
Our website address is: https://friendsofthepound.com.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Data provided by users of this site is used to verify access to our programs and services. This information is not provided to any third parties, unless required by law.
How long we retain your data
Information uploaded to our site is retained indefinitely. This is so we can provide the services to you for which you apply via our online forms.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our website uses specialist security software. This helps to ensure data breaches do not occur and our website and data are protected against hacking attempts and intrusion.
Our security software protects site visitors and works to block potential hacks while monitoring web traffic and filesystem changes.
To learn more about the security software we use on this site, please follow this link.
- The security software never stores any sensitive, personally identifiable information in any cookie at any time.
- In the case that the security software needs to redirect a visitor or any request, it may use a cookie to prevent repeated/infinite redirect loops.
- For registered/logged-in users, the security software uses a cookie to track user sessions and control display of certain in-plugin admin notices.
Data Storage: User Sessions
For logged-in users, the security software stores information on the username, the IP address and the time of last login and last activity.
This information is purged upon logout or data cleanup.
Data Storage: Audit Trail
The security software has an Audit Trail feature that will log the following information:
- Audit Trail message that may include email addresses
- Logged-in username (where applicable)
- Originating IP address of the request
For logged-in users this represents information that may be used to locate (by IP address) and identify individuals and their activity on the site.
This information is stored for security purposes by the site administrator.
This data will be retained and then automatically purged from the database after a fixed time period, as determined by the site administrator. (Currently this is set to 30 days.)